Devil May Cry 5 Director Would Like DmC 2, But Only From Ninja Theory
Though divisive at launch, Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno would love a sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry.
Why Devil May Cry 5 Already Sucks
I mean… I’m still gunna buy it though…
1. They Didn’t Want to Make it in the First Place 3:27
2. Itsuno is Trying to Make DmC2 7:07
3. They Don’t Understand the Characters 10:38
4. CAPCOM Has Been Cutting Corners and Playing It Safe For Years 16:29 /
CAPCOM Has Shitty Business Practices
We’re twins who review: BOOKS, VIDEOGAMES, MOVIES, IDEAS, SMELLS, YOUR MOM.
LIKE to like. SHARE to share. SUBSCRIBE to subscribe.
Articles Referenced In Video:
– $8,000 Devil May Cry 5 special edition comes with Dante’s red leather coat by Games
– Capcom, Ninja Theory on DmC versus Bayonetta by Eurogamer: https://bit.ly/2FYHXYx
– Capcom Profit Jumps 100% Thanks in Part to Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition by
– CAPCOM’S CLOVER STUDIO DISSOLVED by WIRED: https://bit.ly/2HHmPaJ
– THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR MICROTRANSACTIONS IN DEVIL MAY CRY 5 by Game Crate:
– Japan’s Resident Evil 6 bundle costs $1,300: nets you a leather jacket, doesn’t make you
cool via Joystiq: https://engt.co/2B9Hyyk
– Devil May Cry 5 interview: Capcom on satisfying fans, balancing difficulty and learning
from Ninja Theory by VG24/7: https://bit.ly/2G9QPdb
– ‘Resident Evil’ fans outraged over Capcom labeling them ‘too old’ by Digital Journal:
– Capcom looking to attract Call of Duty fans with Resident Evil 6; ‘Action route makes
sense’ by Gaming Bolt: https://bit.ly/2WA5jJd
– CAPCOM: DMC5 is a By-Product of Fan Feedback; DmC Was Very Good, Too by
– Dante Speaks! An Interview With Reuben Langdon by TGL: https://bit.ly/2GifA6K
– Devil May Cry 5 will allegedly have an ’emotional story’ by Destructoid:
Also for further reading, I enjoyed this 2006 interview from Gamasutra with former CLOVER Studio Head Atsushi Inaba concerning, the corporate mentality of CAPCOM, and how it affects game development. I’ll also include a snippet from the interview below:
Capcom & Clover, Over and Over: Former Clover Head Atsushi Inaba on a Post-Capcom World by Gamasutra: https://ubm.io/2UpLOkq
GS: I know you really fought to get Steel Battalion through, and sort of protected the Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright) team when they were starting. How do the business people react to these sorts of original and risky ideas?
AI: The business side would usually tell me to stop, and they wanted me to shut down the team, or they’d say ‘why are you using this staff, use that staff!’ There were very few people who said ‘oh, go ahead, you can do it!’ in the case of games like Steel Battalion. Of course it was a big risk for the company, and nobody really understood what it was. But I myself believed it was interesting, and no matter what they said I just wouldn’t give it up. When it became apparent that I wouldn’t change my ways, they eased up a little. After that it started to get more fun, and I was able to finish what I wanted to do. But there were very few people to help me.
GS: It seemed like for a while Capcom was kind of stagnant, and there were a lot of rehashes, remakes, and just sort of normal, ok games. Suddenly though, in the last two or three years or so, Capcom became extremely strong again, like with Gyakuten Saiban, Resident Evil 4, Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Do you think there’s a particular reason why the company has been so reinvigorated?
AI: I don’t really know myself! That’s hard to say…after all, the games that came out in the last two years were made in the last five years – so I’m not sure if you’ll feel that way about games coming out in the next two years that are being made now by the Capcom of today. It’s a hard question to answer.
GS: Yeah, it really does seem to me like a light bulb just switched on, and Capcom said ‘oh yeah, let’s make really good games again!’
AI: (laughs) Yeah, I think that switch may go up and down a bit!
GS: Just put some tape over it.
AI: I hope that works.
All video content belongs to CAPCOM and/or their respective creators.
Gameplay clips sourced from:
– DMC4 Dice Trick – Switch 184: https://bit.ly/2BeRjLQ
– Real videogamers don’t skip Devil May Cry 2 – Crowbat: https://bit.ly/2Rw0jkO
– DmC: Devil May Cry – Succubus Battle – Yellowhill: https://bit.ly/2CV9mqr
✖ Let’s Play – DmC: Devil May Cry 5 “Tyrant” Walkthrough Part 10 – MrPiePlays:
– SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS PS4 – 11 Minutes of Gameplay (Shadow of the Colossus
Remake 2018) – GameCross: https://bit.ly/2CYbWvO
– Devil May Cry 1 HD: Dante vs Mundus/The Ending – krat0s9001: https://bit.ly/2DNHtCl
– Resident Evil 6: Jake Chapter 2| Find Keys| Walkthrough Gameplay Part 20 –
– Devil May Cry HD – Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 – Prologue (Remaster) PS4/XB1/PC –
– DmC Devil May Cry – Lilith’s Nightclub playthrough (minor spoilers) – Rob Cram:
ТАК ЛИ ХОРОШ DmC 5 – В СРАВНЕНИИ? | КАКОЙ DEVIL MAY CRY ЛУЧШИЙ?
И обожаю серию DmC и Devil May Cry 5 – вышел очень интересным. Но достаточно ли? Что будет если сравнить Devil May Cry 3 – Devil May Cry 4 – DmC 2013 и новый Devil May Cry 5?
DMC 2013 VS DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (ПО ФАКТАМ)
DMC 2013 не смотря на очень высокие оценки критиков продалась крайне плохо . И франшизу решили не трогать аж до 2019 , в котором и вышла пятая номерная часть , игнорируя перезапуск . DEVIL MAY CRY 5 получила ещё более высокие оценки , да к тому же разошлась огромным тиражом , полностью похоронив тем самым труды NINJA THEORY . Но я на этот счёт имею своё мнение и сегодня мы будем восстанавливать справедливость .
#DMC #DevilMayCry #обзорв2021 #игры